A key part of the school business manager role is providing HR support to the headteacher and the senior leadership team. Whilst a school business manager may not necessarily have specialist HR/personnel training, we can provide advice and support to your school if required.
Accordio Education Services can:
- Ensure that the Budget Planning Software (BPS) is kept up-to-date with all new staff and contract changes
- Complete recruitment processes: review/produce job descriptions and person specifications, draft, finalise and publish job advertisements, collate applications, assist with shortlisting processes (where necessary), plan interview days including organising a panel of interviewers, preparing interview questions and tasks, scheduling tours and meetings with groups of pupils e.g. the School Council
- Ensure that successful applicants receive a job offer letter/pack, that they undertake statutory reading and training and complete a pre-employment health questionnaire prior to commencing employment and that they provide the relevant documentary evidence and paperwork required to support the setup of their contract with the schools’ payroll/ personnel provider(s)
- We can also complete DBS portability checks or commence the process for new enhanced DBS checks when required (provided that we are setup with your DBS check provider).
- Maintain and regularly review the schools’ Single Central Record (SCR)
- Submit new employee paperwork/information and send all contract amendments/changes to the payroll/personnel provider/s within the monthly deadlines specified
- Process employee leave applications, complete the monthly submittal of employee absence data and ensure that self-certification forms and have been received from the relevant employees
- Process the authorised employee additional payments forms (mileage claims, additional hour claims, supply teacher claims etc.) with the payroll provider to ensure that they are paid in the next payroll
- Complete 6-month reviews and annual appraisal meetings of the administration/finance and/or site management staff
- Check payroll / personnel provider reports against SIMS and the BPS to ensure that the details for every employee contract match exactly
- Book and log training courses: add to school diary and INSET records on SIMS all training that has been booked on CPD Online or with other external providers
- Complete the annual School Workforce Census
- Complete an annual review of archived personnel records and the destruction of appropriate records according to the school’s Data Protection Policy and document retention schedule