Good estate management is one of the primary responsibilities of a School Business Manager who can ensure (with the support of a Caretaker/Site Manager) that the school buildings and site remain in tip-top condition at all times. They can also put in place the correct health & safety and maintenance procedures and policies required for every school.
Accordio Education Services can:
- Help you with prioritising and sourcing cost-effective maintenance agreements (through our contract or project procurement service)
- Review building running costs, energy management, performance management
- Explore the third-party use of buildings (legal and financial implications)
- Review or put in place a Fire Strategy & Emergency Evacuation Plan, Lockdown Procedure, Premises Management Policy and Health & Safety Policy
- Review or compile a contract list with names of contractors, start date, length of contract and expiry date together with suggested contractors/framework agreements that the school might like to consider when each contract is next up for review.
- Ensure that you have all the appropriate statutory maintenance agreements in place (whether they be managed by the school or the LA as the schools’ landlord) e.g. 5-Year Electrical Survey, Water Hygiene (Legionella) Risk Assessment, Asbestos Management, Fire Risk Assessment, DDA Compliance Audit, Tree Safety Audit, Radon Testing, Glazing Surveys, Condition Surveys
- Ensure that you have any other appropriate maintenance agreements in place, such as: Asset Register, DEC Energy Certificates, Net Capacity Data Checks, Risk Assessments, Accident Reporting, Gym & Adventure Playground Maintenance, PAT Testing. COSHH Assessments, minibus driver training
- Ensure that the school has not exceeded its cumulative total for additional structures allowed under ‘permitted development’ and provide support with submitting planning applications for proposed new structures.