All schools have to complete and send statutory financial returns to the LA: 3-Year Budget Plan, six and nine month budget monitoring returns (with analysis and comments) and the Year-End Closedown Return.
From 2020, as part of the new Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS), schools also have to ensure that they complete and share budget monitoring reports with Governors at least 6 times per year.
Accordio Education Services has extensive experience of successfully completing all statutory returns and can support schools in providing clear and transparent reports to the Governing Body.
- Processing salaries to FMS6 and using the BPS payroll reconciliation tool
- Reconciling bank statements and manual reconciliation to FMS6
- Processing monthly statement of account/school’s advance
- Preparing monthly VAT claim/VAT 126 claim and reconciling control codes
- Preparing Kent County Council/Education Funding Agency (EFA) financial returns
- Recasting the KELSI Budget Funding Templates
- Revising and updating the Pupil Premium and Sports Premium funding breakdowns
- Revising and updating the current BPS Budget three-year plan to support forward planning
- Completion of an FMS6 health check before statutory returns (6-month, 9-month and Year-end Closedown
- Reviewing the budget monitoring report and revised 3-year plan report from the Budget Planning Software (BPS) in conjunction with the headteacher/delegated person
- Preparing the annual year-end closedown return, including creditors, debtors, income and expenditure pre-payments and inputting to FMS6