Accordio’s financial management service for schools provides a comprehensive finance service at a fraction of the cost of employing a full-time finance manager or using equivalent services from the local authority.
- Completing budget monitoring reports (using the Budget Planning Software) in conjunction with the headteacher/delegated person
- Preparing the annual year-end closedown return, including creditors, debtors and income and expenditure pre-payments and inputting to FMS6
- Revising and updating the current BPS Budget three-year plan to support forward planning
An FMS6 health check 3 times per year before statutory returns
- Processing orders, invoices and delivery notes and dealing with order queries and any resulting credit notes
- Corporate purchase card transactions and statement reconciliations
- Processing cheque and BACS payments – normally on a weekly basis
- Processing accounts receivable or other non-order income
- Controlling and reimbursing petty cash, if used
- Processing salaries to FMS6 and BPS
- Reconciling bank statements and manual reconciliation to FMS6
- Processing monthly statement of account/school’s advance
- Preparing monthly VAT claim/VAT 126 claim and reconciling control codes
- Preparing Kent County Council/Education Funding Agency (EFA) financial returns
Recasting the KELSI Funding Templates
- Guaranteed resolution if there any reconciliation problems.
- Other financial tasks as requested and agreed between Accordio and the headteacher.